Monday, December 21, 2009

Because I'm Jesus' Friend


I was looking through the files of my old website on Geocities and I came across this entry from February 13, 1999. I asked my 4-year old son, Josh, why he was so cute. His answer? "Because I'm Jesus' friend." He left to do something and recited softly to himself, "Yes, I'm Jesus' friend, yes, I'm Jesus' friend..." If only we are as sure of why we are so blessed. If only we knew that we are infinitely loved by our Father who is so full of compassion that He voluntarily left His beautiful home to become like us. Mother Teresa is one person who really knew the Father, I think. That's why she had no fear for herself, she did not need to protect herself, provide for her needs. She was so confident of God's love and provision that she was free to think of others. May the Lord gift us this Holy Season with this confidence which only He can give!

4 comments:

  1. Faith, belief like a little child.
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and a very Happy Healthy New Year to you and all your loved ones.

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post...thanks for sharing your reflectioons.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow i love ur blog and thank u so much for stopping by mine! I am going to follow ur blog I love ur artwork! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy