Sunday, July 10, 2011

Think good, speak good, live good.

"Thus says the Lord:
As the rain and the snow come down
from the heavens and do not return till they
have watered the earth,
making it yield seed for the sower 
and food for others to eat,
so is my word that goes forth out from my mouth:
it will not return to me idle, 
but it shall accomplish my will,
the purpose for which it has been sent."
Isaiah 55:10-11

God's Word is creative.
He said, "Let there be light,"
and there was light.
He created everything in this way.

He also gave man a part of His creative power.
In Mark 11;23, Jesus said:
"If you do not doubt in your heart,
but believe what you say will come to pass
You shall have what you say."

So we have to watch our words.
And especially be conscious that no negative words
come out of our mouth.
"We're not going to make it!"
"What dim prospects!"
"It's going to be a miserable day!"

"The good man out of the good treasure
in his heart produces what is good,
The evil man out of the evil storehouse
brings forth that which is evil, 
for out of the abundance of the heart
the mouth speaks."
Luke 6:44-46

So let us fill our heart with good things,
so that we speak good things! 
 
"...whatsover things are true, 
whatsoever things are honest, 
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report,
if there be any virtue and if there be any praise,
think on these things."
Phil. 4:8

There is so much that is good and wonderful
in the world,
why is it that a lot of times 
we concentrate on the negative?

I've been watching the way my mind thinks.
And I've resolved not to allow 
negative thinking to run away like a mad dog,
but to reign it in, pull its leash.
I've got some ways to go yet,
being a judgmental person,
but I've got time to work on it! 

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely and true post...Yes we need to be so aware and mindful of what comes in and out of our minds and mouths...The Lords Word is so clear on this... Thank you for sharing this...your artwork like usual is beautiful...just as you.. : )
    Blessings to you my friend...

    Be sure to stop by for the Giveaway I am having.,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy,
    What a beautiful blog you have...and so creative! You are definitely your Father's girl! (Your Heavenly Father) I love the paper art and the way you use color and texture...very nice.

    Be blessed today as you think on those things that are lovely, pure, noble...

    Charlotte/For Such A Time As This

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the artwork. Is it yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is just so beautiful...I'm glad you left a comment so that I could find you here. I taught art a long, long time ago...I locve your creativity and resourcefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, I love your artwork and your words speak straight to the heart because the Spirit of God is living in you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good thoughts. I'm glad you are sharing your faith and your creativity with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would so love to hold this journal in my hands and read and enjoy every fabulous page. They are all so gorgeous, and what a brilliant way to meditate on these words and thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great thoughts about watching our words, and "eating the fruit from our lips" as it says in Proverbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been visiting your blog for a while now - thanks so much for joining artsee bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy