Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WOYWW: Connecting to the Commander



Starting with my new planner, available at our shop, papemelroti.
Inside it’s got some questions to think about. 


“Everyone is asking for you.” Mark 1:37



Jesus was very tired after a busy day. He and His companions, Simon, Andrew, James and John had gone to the synagogue as it was a Sabbath. Jesus taught with such authority that many were caught with amazement. Then at the same synagogue an evil spirit confronted Him and He exorcised the spirit. After the service, He left and visited Simon and Andrew’s home, and healed the mother-in-law of Simon. At sunset, because word had reached many people about Him, a horde of sick and demon-possessed people were at the door. Many gathered to watch as he healed them all. 

Did Jesus rest after this? He woke long before daybreak the next day and went out alone to the wilderness and prayed. If Jesus had to pray, found it necessary to connect to the Father, shouldn’t we prioritize taking the time to do so? Sometimes we say we have so much to do, there just isn’t enough time, so much calls for our attention. 

Simon and the others went off to find Him. When they did, they said, “Everyone is looking for you!” Sound familiar? So many people are asking us to meet with them, so many asking us to do this or do that, attend this, attend that, plan this, plan that. My planner is so full of activities and a TO DO list, and the year has hardly started! 

What did Jesus do? Did He rush off with His disciples to heal those waiting at the door again? That’s a good thing to do, isn’t it? But He said, “We must go to other towns as well, and I will preach to them, too, because that is why I came.” He was very clear about His “battle plan”. And it’s all because He went to His commander. 

Life is a constant battle. There are so many good things to do. How do we choose what would make the biggest difference, the biggest impact? Lord, may we go to You, for wisdom, for strength, for our instructions.



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

8 comments:

  1. That'a a good idea for a planner. happy New year, I think I may have missed you last week. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Happy WOYWW. Gorgeous planner. I have purposely avoided doing a planner this year (I just have a simple diary to write my essential dates/meetings/tasks), as that was just additional pressure on me to complete something. Ali x #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice planner! Love the Frida Kahlo inspired collage. Happy New Year as I didn't get to many desks last week. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspirational post! I need to hear this at the moment when there are sooo many calls on my time and energy. I love your planner page, too, and the message it contains. It seems I haven’t visited in an age! Nice to see you again.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Patsy. A great page on the planner - things we are grateful for. How often we forget to be thankful. How often, too, we forget to take time with Father God!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the inspiration
    robyn1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely planner,happy WOYWW vicky#15

    ReplyDelete
  8. FLovely lovely planner, maybe my owning artwork that looks familiar is what draws me to it, and I like the idea to print prompts inside....bet it will be an artwork in its own right by year’s end!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy