Saturday, April 06, 2019

Save Me!

“O Lord my God, in You I take refuge; save me from all my pursuers and rescue me." Psalm 7:2




Have we ever prayed to God to be saved from sinning? In this psalm, David implores God to rescue him from Cush who was a follower of Saul who wanted to kill him. David says that if God doesn't save him, he will be mauled like a lion's prey, and torn to pieces. Isn't it amazing that David felt like this, considering he was able to beat the giant Goliath? David obviously did not depend on his own strength but God's. 


We do not realize it but we have an enemy who hates us. We too should ask God to save us from this ancient foe, the one who has his eye on us, waiting to pounce. In 1 Peter 5:8 we are warned, "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." I think this archenemy looks for where we are weakest and wants to attack us right there. In Gen. 4:7 we learn that  sin crouches at our door. "Its desire is for you, to overpower you, but you must master it.”


Lord, I know, like David, that I am not strong or wise enough to fight this enemy on my own. Save me and help me to be master over sin. As a nation, “we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” (Eph. 6:12) Lord, save us, we take our refuge in You, rescue us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy