Monday, June 21, 2021

Stop Judging

“Stop judging..." Matthew 7:1




God knows I find this very difficult to obey! I'm a person who has a tendency to look at other people's lives and think why in the world do they do the wrong thing repeatedly? They are just digging their own hole! At heart I am a busybody, though it pains me to admit it!!! When I see something that needs to be corrected, I will go and talk to the person if possible, even if he is a priest or someone with standing. And then I go to confession and repent for being judgmental and self-righteous!


The best way I know to combat this deplorable propensity of mine is to be always conscious that the person I am judging is someone God loves very much-- To see that person through God's eyes, with His compassion, His mercy, His understanding. The same way Jesus looked at the adulterous woman in John Chapter 8. Jesus did not go preaching to her about sin. He loved her. He saw the person she COULD be, and eventually became! 


There is so much pain in everyone's life, and I pray I will always be the one to offer encouragement instead of criticism. I hope I will remember to be the one to offer words of life, of healing, instead of throwing the first stone to destroy someone's self esteem, or confidence. 


God HATES the sins of the tongue. There is much in the Bible about this! But we should always speak good for our own future. 1 Peter 3:10 says, "Whoever wants to embrace life and see his days fill up with good,..say nothing evil or hurtful, cultivate good, run after peace..." (The Message) 


Yes, we reap what we sow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy