Monday, July 04, 2022

Transformed into Beauty

A woman suffering hemorrhages for twelve years came up behind Jesus and touched the tassel on his cloak. She said to herself, “If only I can touch his cloak, I shall be cured.” Jesus turned around and saw her, and said, “Courage, daughter! Your faith has saved you.” And from that hour the woman was cured. Matthew 9: 18-22




Even the holiest of men can't explain why some people get healed and some don't.

I've personally wrestled with my thorn in the flesh for several years now and have confessed every Bible verse about healing. I am sure Jesus SEES me, just like he saw the woman who was bleeding.


What I know is this, because I sought the Lord and keep seeking Him, He has answered me.


C.S. Lewis wrote in his book, The Problem of Pain: “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain, it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world."


Corrie Ten Boom, who has experienced the most horrible of trials in concentration camps during the Holocaust, claimed with conviction, “Whatever in our life is hardest to bear, love can transform into beauty.”


I believe it is God's will to heal us, but meanwhile, if we are in pain or discomfort, if we listen, He will speak to us and teach us about Himself and His ways much more than we could ever learn without the trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy