Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Seek and You Will Find

“The God who made the world and all that is in it, the Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in sanctuaries made by human hands, nor is He served by human hands because He needs anything. Rather it is He who gives to everyone life and breath and everything.” Acts 17:24-25




I was listening to the Catholic convert, Steve Ray, sharing about his 7 year old daughter, Cindy, who told him that when she grows up, she won’t be a Christian. He asked her why not? She answered because that’s what he was telling her to believe but she wasn’t sure it would be true when she grew up and studied it for herself. He said she was a smart girl and that she should think about whether there was a god or not. He told her to think for herself. She said she didn’t want to read his books because they were all about why there is a God, and she wanted to find out about the other side. He said that’s ok, think about it for yourself. 


She thought about it very seriously, and two weeks after she said, “Dad, can I talk to you? I’ve concluded there is a God.” “How did you come to this conclusion?” her father asked. 


She answered, “Dad, it’s really pretty simple. I look at the walls of our house, and there are pictures all over, and they’re framed. Not only did somebody have to paint all those pictures and put them in frames and hang them there because they didn’t get there by themselves. I look at our house and I thought somebody had to put it all together. Somebody was thinking about it and it did not happen by chance. And when I walked outside, I looked up and saw stars, and trees, and clouds and mountains, and I realized that they couldn’t have gotten there all by itself either. Somebody has to be behind everything and therefore I concluded there is a God. So dad I’m going to stay being a Christian.” 


Now Cindy is a Phd in Philosophy and one of the best defenders of the Catholic faith. In the same passage from Acts, it says that God made the earth and ordered the seasons so that we might seek Him and even grope for Him and find Him. He is not far from us, and if we sincerely seek like a little child, Jesus promised we will discover for ourselves the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy