Sunday, July 09, 2023

Come to Me

“Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and LEARN from me... And you will find rest for yourselves..." 

Matthew 11:28-30




Sometimes I picture God shaking His head in frustration. He has already given us His 'instruction manual', how to live so that we will have peace in the midst of confusion, joy undeterred by sadness and pain, wholeness and strength in the face of circumstances around us trying to destroy what we have. Jesus says LEARN from me. Listen to me, follow me. Instead we want to do it, "My way!"


Imagine if we didn't know how to drive and we bought a really nice car and didn't read the manual that the manufacturers carefully put together so that the car would run at its optimum. Could we get far using it? Through trial and error?


That's what we do with our lives when we don't read our instruction manual, the Bible! I think when we get to Heaven and see our Creator face to face and talk to Him, we're going to say, "If only I took You more seriously! It would have saved me a lot of pain and frustration!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy