Wednesday, April 01, 2015

WOYWW: That One is Me!

My work desk is a mess because I just went on a vacation,
and need to clean it up!
We went to one of the most beautiful places on earth-
My husband's hometown, Coron, Palawan, Philippines.
I am sure you would rather see a picture of this
rather than my desk!!!

This is the famous Kayangan Lake.
To see this view, you have to climb as high as 7 storeys of steps!!!
I made it!!!!
But there are many more views even more beautiful than this,
if you are willing to go farther.

 "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" Matthew 26:25
In this version of Judas's betrayal, Judas stands out from the rest of the disciples of Jesus. During the Passover supper, Jesus said, " One of you is about to betray me." The disciples were naturally distressed by this pronouncement and one by one asked, "Surely it is not I, Lord?"

 When Judas spoke, he asked, "Surely it is not I, RABBI?" Judas saw Jesus as a teacher, just another teacher of the Torah. Maybe a charismatic one, but just a teacher. Most of the world sees Jesus as a teacher. The world claims Him as someone who was wise, who spoke with authority, someone who was good. But God? Lord? No way!

As we journey towards Good Friday and Easter Sunday, we need to confront our own beliefs about Jesus. Rabbi or Lord? We will see the answer in the way we live our life.

 "One of you will betray me!" John 13:21
How inconceivable is it that Judas, a man who had walked with Jesus, listened to Him, took care of his money, saw miracles, could betray Jesus for a measly 30 pieces of silver? 30 pieces was the cost of a slave! Would it have been more understandable if it was 3000 pieces or 3 million pieces of silver?
Like all of us, Judas Iscariot had preconceptions about Jesus. He probably thought Jesus would be the promised King of the Jews, who would save them from the oppression of the Romans. He followed Jesus maybe because he saw how popular Jesus was, and he believed he could profit from this as evidenced by the passage in John 12:6. "He was a thief who was in charge of the disciples' funds, and he often took some for his own use." Judas' heart was obviously calloused, self-serving. He was blinded by his selfishness from seeing who Jesus really was!

We too can be like Judas. When we fail to see Christ in others, we can easily betray them. When we have expectations about what a husband or child or neighbor should be and should do, and they fail to live up to those expectations, we can easily rationalize our own lack of love, compassion and service. I often judge people and get irritated with their inadequacies. I often forget to see others as God sees them. I often forget the Christ within each one of us. Yes, one of us betrays Christ, and that one is me!



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy

10 comments:

  1. what a beautiful place to go on holiday!
    happy woyww
    Mrs C.xx
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-april-1st-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:15 PM

    I've always loved hw you use a magazine image to inform your hand drawn art. Lovely work. And lovely place to live - but I think I;ve seen it already on another blog :)
    Happy WOYWW and I'm not fooling'!
    :)
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing holiday pics but even better sermon. Bless you for your openness, and here is probably not the place for theological discussion, but it is very easy to get so accustomed to Jesus that we miss his divinity.
    Happy Easter
    Chris #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Patsy, I'm sorry - as inspiring and beautiful as your desk is...the lake pictures are more so! How lovely to have had such a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful part of the world to visit and your art is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 41

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous place, bet you had a lovely time.
    Happy woyww, Angela x 29

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never noticed that Judas addressed Jesus as Rabbi rather than Lord. You did a great job of painting him.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful country! Looking at creation makes me want to burst out in thanksgiving!
    Have a great week and Happy Easter!
    Lisca#16

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you paint in your Bible. How to do that and see

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patsy. Hope you are doing good. What a beautiful place to vacation. Awesome work as well. I hope you have a great Happy Easter.:)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy