Wednesday, July 01, 2015

WOYWW: A Little Courage

 One day I will just have NO space to paint on.
I will just paint on my lap!

 Here is my Bible.

 After searching for a picture to paint on the 
other half of the Bible, I place carbon paper
in between the picture and my Bible.

 Here is the traced picture.

 I always start with flesh paint.
The Bible page is a bit wrinkly,
but it will dry.

 Some more paint added before shading the face
with darker paint and Prismacolor pencils.

 "The entire town came out to meet Jesus, but they begged Him to go away and leave them alone." Matthew 8:34
In Matthew 8, we encounter a very strange town. After Jesus exorcises a couple of very savage men possessed by several demons, all the townspeople crowded around Jesus and begged Him, entreated, pleaded with Him to go way, and leave them alone. Those men were so fierce and violent that people could not pass where they were. Back then, there was no Waze to help you find another alternative route. They would just have to backtrack. One would have thought that the town would be happy to have that menace removed from their midst. But no, they preferred the status quo. They preferred to be left in "peace". They did not want an outside Force to change the way they lived. They were already comfortable.

 Sometimes we can be like that. We are OK with OK. Change is scary. And the change that Jesus can bring into our life is scarier still. It requires a little courage to say, "Yes Lord, stay. Change me. Change my life!"

 My friend posted about our Choices Seminar starting on August 8. He said on FB: "Dear Friends, come and join us. See for yourself. Meet great people, hear great talks and experience great food. And it's all for free. No strings attached. This might be the seminar that will change your life. It sure changed mine. "
Choices Seminar, August 8, 2:30-5:30 pm, PRRM Bldg., Mother Ignacia st., QC. Contact me for details- patsy.paterno (at) gmail.com.

 "Because of the increase of evil, the love of most will grow cold." Matthew 24:12
In Matthew 24, Jesus is telling the disciples about the future. I am sure they were fascinated as you and I would be. He foretold the destruction of the the Temple. "Not one stone will be left." The disciples believed Him right away and asked if there would be any sign that would signal the end of the world. And Jesus talked about wars, false messiahs, famines, earthquakes, pestilence, torture and killings. He said sin would be rampant, and many will turn away from God.

There is no doubt that God is a God of love. He identifies with the brokenhearted, the sinner, the downtrodden, the sick, those who feel excluded and shamed. But He is also a righteous God, a Holy God, One who is set apart from us who sin and reject Him. It is sad that many of us today break God's heart by our willful disobedience and insistence on our own ways. But this is not new to God. In Jeremiah 31:32, He says, "They broke that covenant, though I loved them as a husband loves his wife." What did the Lord do?

"This is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel...I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be my people." (Jeremiah 31:33) Just as God does not give up on us, no matter what perversions we indulge in, we too should not give up on those we perceive as "sinners". There is always hope and blessing available in the well that never runs dry.



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings you've created and thanks for the bonus ATC they arrived on Monday so pretty they are have a wonderful day hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous paintings, I don't think I've ever seen anyone painting in their bible before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my journaling bible, but my pictures will never be this beautiful and artistic! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #46

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your post and today was no exception. Thanks.
    Thank you also for sharing how you start doing your Bible drawings. Awesome!
    Have a great week,
    God bless,
    Lisca#29

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your process for painting and defining your images in your bible. I have not yet tried this, but I enjoy seeing what you do.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy