Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WOYWW: New Creature!

Last week I told you I needed to attach a USB keyboard
to my laptop because ants attacked my laptop and I could not use the keyboard.
I had to change my desk around because it was too difficult
using my laptop on one side of the desk, and the keyboard on the other.

 So this is the space where my laptop used to be.
I am trying to organize it.
Unfortunately I have to make a mess before I can clean it!!!

"Stretch out your hand..." Exodus 14:26
This is one of the most exciting portions of the Bible where the Israelites being led by Moses were hemmed in by the sea in front of them, and Pharoah's army was closing in behind them. Their leader, Moses, did not have very much going for him. I don't know what the people were thinking. "DO something! Anything!" "Don't just stand there!" He had just said, "Don't be afraid. Just stand where you are and WATCH the Lord rescue you." Can you imagine if our President says exactly that,when a power hungry army of Isis marauders suddenly invades our shores?

But what they did not see was God directing Moses, and God can use anything, even the weakest among us. Moses did not have any weapon, so God asked him to use his...hand! "Stretch out your hand over the sea!" And Moses did. The first time he did it, the waters were swept up by a strong east wind and the Israelites marched in its midst. The second time Moses stretched out his hand, the waters flowed back upon the Egyptians and their chariots.

 Sometimes we don't have much going for us. We don't have anything in our hand, no power, no money, no brilliant idea. But if we have God on our side, directing us, we can beat the most evil foe who wants to destroy us! We just need to listen to what God wants us to do. The best position? I will stretch out my hand in prayer and God will part any Red Sea I face.

"If any man is in Christ he is a new creature..." 2 Corinthians 5:17
I like conversion stories that show God's power to change a person, to save someone dwelling in darkness to a person living in God's light. I've never heard of Brian "Head" Welch before because I would never listen to his music. He's the lead guitarist of Korn, a heavy metal band. He used to be addicted to alcohol, and he had to take Meth and Xanax to function. Even if his band had multiplatinum albums, won several grammys, even if he was earning so much, and had women following him all over, he felt like the biggest loser. He loved his daughter so much, but he could not even cook her breakfast without being high. He came home from a tour and his wife had several men with her in their house. He heard his daughter Jennea singing one of their band's songs, "All day I dream about sex."

 One day, one of his partners in his real estate business, Eric the broker, sent him an email because he was a Christian and he felt a nudging from God to do so. It was Matthew 11:28, "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden." Brian eventually went to church with Eric and the pastor there said, "God is real. Speak with Him. All the bad stuff will fall away." It was exactly what Brian needed to hear. He got a Bible and started reading while he was high. He pleaded with God to help him, to free him from the pain, the addictions. "Please take these drugs from me!" He had been reading the Bible for a week, when he heard, "I love you." It was so real, it took over the high of the drugs. God convicted him of his sin and in 2 weeks, his addiction to drugs and alcohol was gone.

His band was just about to sign a 20 million dollar contract. Only his signature was needed when he walked out to pray. That was 2005, and he left the band in obedience to God who was going to take him on a new road. Now he is able to speak to people about God's love and forgiveness, people who would almost never listen to preachers and priests. He said in one of his interviews that he was put here on earth to have fellowship with God, to get to know Him. And that's what He strives to do every day. His Facebook page is filled with heavy metal lingo, but there are posts about ex-strippers telling their stories, and comments from fans like, "You guys have been one of the most important bands in my life for the last 20 years. And I shared a hard fought battle to Christ through my college years."

 Yes indeed, Brian "Head" Welch, with his numerous tattoos, even one on his knuckles that reads "Jesus", is a new creation!




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy


10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you got a new keyboard to type with so weird that ants attacked your last one. It can be fun to shift your space around to make it work better for yah plus it's a great way to find stash hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get used to your new layout on your desk soon! Good luck with the new keyboard. Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, hope the ants have moved out by now! Good luck with rearranging your desk...it always has to get worse before it gets better!!
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. o no what a techno- nightmare hope you have evicted your trespassers now

    Happy WOYWW!
    Charlie <3 #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the ants stay away now you've got the keyboard sorted. Now after moving things around you just have to remember where you put them! Have a lovely day. Barb#29 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ants in your laptop would be a real pain. Have a great week.
    sandra de @32

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you've managed to fill the space so comprehensively already! Perhaps the ants were intending to make you create some more space!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose the benefits of living in a cold, wet country must be - no ants! I never would have thought they could do so much damage.
    Bernice #26

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to picture ants in a keyboard! They must have found something in it to attract them. But I REALLY like your post about God and Brian! What a wonderful story of another coming for His salvation! Thanks for sharing!
    Carol N #41

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pleased you have sorted the keyboard. Ants normally only go where there is something to attract them. You haven't been eating and typing? they may have found some food crumbs amongst the keys! I never do that of course!!! Happy woyww, Angela x 28

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy