Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WOYWW: Our Inner Room

 There was really nothing interesting on my desk
when I woke up.
So here is what I did this morning.

 After I read the Bible, I chose a verse to illustrate.
Then I found a picture from a magazine
to trace on to my Bible page.

I like painting pictures on my Bible pages
so that I can remember the verse
during the day.

 After painting, I outlined and shaded using a 
brown Stabilo pencil...

 ...and wrote the Bible verse with a .05 unipin.

 "And when you pray, go into Your inner room..." Mt. 6:6

Sometimes people ask, if Jesus was the incarnate Son of God, 
why did He pray so much? 
Isn't it but natural that He really desired to talk to His Father? 
When Jesus was on earth, 
He was separated from His Father 
by space and time and flesh made from dust. 
But Jesus longed to be with His Father. 
Shouldn't we too should have that same longing?


Jesus would go off,
slip away to have long hours
communing with the Father.
People usually slip away to something they really like doing.
We too should slip away to our "inner room" to pray.
It can be a prayer closet, but it can also be our cubicle at work,
the library in school, beside our bed,
somewhere where no one will bother us for some time.

Lord, may You never tire of listening to me,
waiting for me to "grow up",
and becoming the person You purposed me to be.
Thank You Lord, that in my "inner room",
You come and meet me for our special time together!




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your Bible page today with us. What a beautiful illustration you have done and it is good to see where your inspiration came from.
    Blessings to you and yours
    Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing artist! blessings, donna #13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great workdesk and post today, you are a talented artist

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a special talent of working the two together. Have a wonderful joyous week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I love seeing how you take a picture and turn it into something beautiful.

    Sharon K #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your fab art page in your bible. Happy woyww Helen L xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patsy, so love your Bible page that you shared today! And yes, yes, I believe Jesus's passion and desire was to be with His Father and fellowship with Him regularly! Knowing that He gave up the opportunity to remain with His Father to reconcile little ole me back to His Father moves me with great passion! No other love! I'm so thankful He did that I could have that same intimate fellowship with the Father! I am sure I don't give the Father the same attention He gives me daily, but thank goodness for grace, mercy and unconditional love! Thank YOU for sharing this with us today and the gentle reminder that we should and can meet with Him daily, which is His greatest desire! Blessings to you, Felicia #50

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so true. We should all take a little time to talk to Our Father.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi patsy your art work is amazing and what great way of remembering a verse happy WOYWW Andrea 53#

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful words and wonderful artwork in your bible. I have tried a little bit of bible journaling too.
    Dorlene #49

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy