Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WOYWW: Running the Race!


Last night I decided to 
arrange my paintings 
according to the books of the Bible.
So I took them out of the box. 


 I have been painting for 
several years now
and it is quite a pile! 

But now I have been painting on my Bible. 


 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, 
I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

When I was young, my whole family 
joined the Milo Marathon training. 
It was fun because there were a lot of people joining in. 
I found it funny because during the first and subsequent sessions 
we walked very sloooowly, that I got so bored. 
I would bring a book with me to read while walking. 
That was how serious I was about the training. 
My sister Peggy was more earnest and followed the instructions of the trainer. 
Eventually she finished the course by completing the whole marathon 
while I watched from the sidelines. 
I think it was because I was not seeing the goal. 
I was just there to be with the family and have fun. 
When the going got tough, I opted out. 

As Christians, we have to set our eyes on the prize- eternal life! 
If we don't, we can lose our way. 
We can just be watching from the sidelines 
while others are running the race seriously. 
Lord, may I set my eyes on You, and seriously follow You! 
Like Paul, may I say, "I have fought the good fight, 
I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."




Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy 

15 comments:

  1. I like the idea of reading while walking - running would not be for me! love your pile of paintings. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun looking back throughout all your creations and sorting them out hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea to have a look back at all the work you've done - it's amazing how we forget things! Your paintings are, as ever, completely beautiful.
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do super journal work Patsy and it must be great to revisit all your older work. I love your quote so much I have forwarded it on to friends. Have a happy week x Jackie 14

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd trip over if I tried to walk and read at the same time..I'm such a klutz! Elaine no 20

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should approach a publisher to use your art in Bibles! Always a pleasure to visit your place. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journaling amazes me every week! Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Donna #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be very interesting to look through your pile of paintings and remember when (and why) you did certain things.
    I like the verse about racing the good race. That has always been one of my favorites.
    Blessings,
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#12

    ReplyDelete
  9. giiven your use of verses, that's probably a really good way to store the art works, but here's a conundrum - what about the works that you don't use Verse on...separated? Oh the choices! Still very much enjoying my personal piece of your art! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous work there, Patsy and it is so right we need to keep on at the race set before us..

    ..the verse in Hebrews 12:2 is my life verse "looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our Faith".. we need too keep our focus on Him alone..
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #33

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Bible journal page. And those painting are lovely as well. Glad I popped by. Susanne #33

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your artwork. You are very talented. Creative Blessings! Kelly #32

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your paintings are little treasures, but I also love the paintings in your bible. This one is fantastic. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always stunning work on display. Lovely to look back at what you've done. Sorry I'm late, not been so good, now dashing round and catching up! Take care Zo xx 29

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy