Friday, December 15, 2017

Waiting in the Lounge

“Oh that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have peace flowing like a gentle river.” 
Isaiah 48:18



God did not create us for an easy life. But He did create us for significance and purpose. Peace comes when we live aligned with God’s plan and purpose for our life. 

Our life here on earth is transitory. It’s like the waiting lounge we pass through on our way to our real home. Most people just like to be lazy and comfortable while waiting in a lounge. Others don’t want to waste time and make the most of it. They learn as much as possible about the place they are going to. They study the map, the places they want to visit. They try to get a feel for the new country. They get to know how the people there live, their customs and traditions. They want to fit in. 

It’s much the same with us. We should try to learn as much as we can about where we are going to spend eternity, shouldn’t we? After all, we won’t be here long. First of all, we should find out if we have the right visa. We may believe we’re going to heaven, but what if we have the visa for the other place we don’t want to end up in? 

In Matthew 7:21-23, we read of the miserable fate of some people who thought they would enter heaven. Jesus said, “Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as ‘Lord’, but they still won’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. On judgement day, many will call out, ‘Lord, Lord, we prophesied in Your name and cast out demons in Your name and performed many miracles in Your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Go away; you workers of lawlessness.” 

Lord, I want to enjoy Your peace for eternity. May I read Your Words, may I understand Your commands, and live according to Your plan and purpose for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy