Wednesday, June 20, 2018

WOYWW: War Room!


Started out with these magazine pages. 


I have to close her eyes!

“When you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret.” Matthew 6:6

I am reminded of a story of a little boy saying his bedtime prayers beside his mom and grandma. He started by mumbling, “Thank You for my parents, my grandma and my brothers and sisters. Thank You that I passed my math exam...” then he ended by shouting, “and please may I get a bike for Christmas!” His mom asked him why he was shouting. “God’s not deaf!” she said, and he responded, “No, but Grandma is!”

We all have our little quirks when we approach God. Before Him, we are naked. We cannot pretend to be who we are not. He knows exactly who we are, what we are capable of, what we can be. He knows our foibles, our idiosyncrasies, our weaknesses and strengths. Here is a God who knows us inside out and loves us anyway. We are precious in His eyes, whether we are a heroin addict, a foul mouthed President, an inmate in the bloodiest prison in the country, or a harried mother too busy to pray. I can see Him waiting for us to come to Him. 

It is inconceivable, that kind of love! Here Jesus is telling us that the Creator of the Universe has time for us. One-on-one time. He wants to be alone with us. He waits. No cellphone. No one to tell us our time is up. He waits for us to tell Him about our day, our frustrations, our battles, our victories. What a comfort it is to tell Him of our sins, our burdens, and have Him carry it for us to Calvary. 

Our prayer room can be our war room where we battle against cancer, against the crisis in our country, against the enemy who steals, kills and destroys. It can be our sanctuary in the storm, a place of rest where we can claim our Father’s promises of restoration and peace beyond understanding. For me it is a place where God reveals His inexhaustible treasures. 

Thank You Lord for one-on-one time with You! 



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy, I love the way you do these Layouts, so clever. I hope by now you have received the ATC I sent you as your one has not arrived with me sadly. Have a good woyww, Angela x22x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Patsy, always good to see how artwork begins and ends. Thank you for sharing.
    Creative wishes and Happy WOYWW Tracey #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you adapted the image to fit the verse and the intention of the page Patsy. have a great week. Sarah #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Patsy. What to say - but - Amen!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever adaptation of the magazine image.. so cool!
    Sumbunneh hugs x
    Erika #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Patsy and so true. Have you read 'The deeper place where nobody goes' by Jill Briscoe - part of it describes something similar to your thoughts on the verse. Thanks for sharing. Caro x #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever LO. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 #17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unlocker software which can be used to delete a file in Windows that can not be remove earlier.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy