Thursday, August 30, 2018

Every Gift We Need

“...you are not lacking in any spiritual gift...” 1 Corinthians 1:7




If we could only believe the words in the Bible, we would live very powerful, successful, effective lives. Saint Paul writing to the people of Corinth stressed that Christ’s power in us will always make it possible to live as God wants us to live. Like any good parent, God has fed us His Word, He has bathed us in His Spirit, and He has provided us with every good gift we need. With my son, Josh, my husband and I always encourage him that he can do what he sets out to do, he is capable and well able. God does the same with us if we go to His Word and listen to Him in prayer every day. 


I am going to give a workshop this afternoon. Every time I have a paint party, I try to emphasize that God gifted all of us with creativity. No one should say that they are not artists, that they do not have the gift. God gave this to each and everyone of us. We only need to practice it. It is like a muscle. The more we use it, the more it will bloom, grow and blossom. The same is true with God’s other magnificent gifts. If the Bible says it, we should believe it and claim it. “Now you have every spiritual gift you need...” 




EVERY. Does that mean I have the gift of healing? Yes, so I should practice it and not be afraid to lay my hands on someone who is sick. Does that mean I have the gift of serving, leading, teaching? Yes, I just have to go out and do it. So too with other gifts, even miracles. Miracles come when we practice expectant faith, when we don’t give in to hopelessness and discouragement. Beware of our ancient enemy the devil who always prowls around like a hungry lion, waiting to devour us (1 Peter 5:8). He does not want us to know that we have many amazing seeds inside our spirits. If we nurture these seeds with faith and practice, they will grow into mighty trees that “the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches,” meaning that others in need may find shelter and help. (Matthew 13:31-32)


Thank You, Father, that I am not lacking in any spiritual gift, any good that I need. May I believe this and claim this promise for myself, that I might serve You and give glory to Your name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy