Wednesday, August 15, 2018

WOYWW: Believe!



On my desk. Starting a new painting. 






“Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” Like 1:45

Elizabeth, Mary’s older cousin, affirms Mary when the younger woman visits her in Ein Karem. “You are so blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what He said,” she exclaimed. We too, like Mary, can be so blessed if we believe that the Lord will do as He promised! 

We should “mine” the Bible for what God has said. First we should see the Bible as a treasure that we should dig for like miners dig for gold. Then when we find a promise, we should claim it and say, “This is mine by inheritance as an adopted daughter (or son) of God!” 

That’s how I got my healing for my Deep Vein Thrombosis. I confessed Proverbs 4:20-22, that God’s Word is healing, medicine, to my body. Whatever we need, whatever we are praying for, we can find God’s promise in the Bible for it, and claim it. If we are desperate, we can put the words of God on our mirror, our walls, beside us at work, in the car, as it says in Proverbs 4:21, “Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart..” 

In Deuteronomy 6, God teaches us if we want to be blessed, we should put His Words, His commands in our heart, but not only that. We should teach it to our children, and put it on our door posts and even tie it on our wrists. His promise if we do this is “All will go well with you.” Yes, we must all find a way for God’s promises to be embedded in our hearts and minds! 



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thoroughly enjoyed making it!

      Delete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy