Monday, February 18, 2019

Blessed are You who Mourn

“Blessed are you who mourn, you shall laugh.” Luke 6:21




“This too shall pass” is something I tell myself when I am experiencing some hardship. My 92-year old father, who is usually so busy thinking of new projects, directing people what to do, even when he is stuck in bed, was sedated with morphine because of UTI. It’s very difficult for us to see him so thin, sleeping the day away, waking up groggy for a few seconds, unable to eat anything. He asks God to take him already in his sleep as he is frustrating to live like this. 


I remember when my mom was on her deathbed and I was scared I would be devastated when she left us. Instead God gave me a glimpse of heaven so glorious, I was ecstatic when my mom died. 


It may be hard to think of this life with all its pleasures and pain to be transitory, but it is. It is but a blink of an eye, a fragile bubble, compared to life in the heavenly Kingdom. God allows us to experience hunger here, for we should hunger after the eternal. God allows us to mourn for there is so so much to mourn about here on earth. God allows us to be poor, so we will learn about the real treasures not to be found on earth. 


We should never be satisfied with what this world has to offer, for we will leave no room for God and His gifts which come in forms we do not expect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy