Monday, February 25, 2019

Everyday is an Adventure

“If You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” Mark 9:22




Sometimes I am like the father in the story of Mark. He was frantic because his son was possessed by evil spirits and would go into convulsions. “If You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us!!!!” I can just imagine the fear and anxiety in his voice. Yesterday at 2 am, I woke up to the insistent ringing on my phone. Bency, the guard in our building, called to say he heard an explosion inside and all the lights went off. After giving him the number of the masterlock so he could open the building, Luigi, my husband, hurriedly left to go there. I was thinking of all the important documents that I had left out of the safe because I was still working on them, and wondering how to survive if everything was destroyed in a fire. My thoughts were like a mad dog running all over the place, until I took refuge in prayer. After I calmed down, I called the guard, he said Luigi was there already, and there was no fire, only a smell of electrical smoke. They had shut down the power of the whole building. Thank You, Lord! My relief and gratefulness was so palpable, I could taste it. 


We learned later that the explosion was not inside the building but outside. A rat had eaten through one of the wires in the Meralco fuses causing the building to receive way below the 220v needed causing short circuits, and burning something in our water pump system. 




Everyday is an adventure with the Lord and although I love ordinary days when nothing happens, I know it is in our trials that God shows us who He is, and that we can depend on Him. My father talks to God often. Once his laptop refused to work, and after fiddling around with it, and finally giving up, he asked God, “Can You fix it?” He heard God answer, “Of course,” and it turned on suddenly. My dad was flabbergasted. Then there was the time his arm was painful and he prayed for God to remove the pain and God did. Sometimes God’s answers come exceedingly slow, but that’s why I say our life is an adventure. We don’t know what comes in a day. But there is always the Lord, and if we have a relationship with Him, He will never fail us.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad there was nothing seriously wrong and no fire, but it is wonderful that you were able to find that place of peace with the Lord BEFORE you knew everything was all right. Your dad sounds like a beautiful man of faith. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy