Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Bless Me, Lord!

“I will not let You go until You bless me!” Genesis 32:26



In many ways, Jacob, the younger son of Isaac, was despicable in many ways. He, along with his mother Rebekah, tricked his blind father into giving him the blessing that Isaac meant for Jacob, the older son. We may not have hoodwinked anybody like Jacob, but we too have flaws and failures. God never gave up on Jacob and He will never give up on us. What He does is He slowly teaches us to go forward with Him and trust Him. We may not see him but He is always walking beside us even when we are hardheaded and stubborn. 



Last Sunday, I attended a prayer meeting and heard the sharing of a young man who grew up in our community. Bart had some bad experiences in college. He flunked most of his subjects and he felt a hopeless failure. He was the type of person who did not want to ask help so even his parents did not know anything about what he was going through. He started drinking, using drugs, got into meaningless relationships until he was kicked out of school to the shock of his parents. One day, he went to the top of a building because he decided to kill himself in desperation. 



God intervened. Bart felt a warm embrace. Sometimes, like Jacob, we can shout to God, “I will not let You go until You bless me!” Sometimes it is God who says, “I will not let YOU go till I bless YOU!” That was the turning point in Bart’s life. He was able to finish college when the school reinstated him, and he is now ardently serving the Lord in Christ’s Youth in Action. 



Lord, never let me go! Bless me with Your gracious Spirit, inspire me to live my life loving and serving You in every way I can, with every breath of my body! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy