Monday, September 21, 2020

Needing Christ

‘The Pharisees saw this and said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” Jesus heard this and said, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.’ Matthew 9:11-12




What do you think? If Jesus was walking around today, would he be with the priest feeding the poor in Payatas, or would He go to the gamblers and drunkards at the sleazy bar open at midnight? Would Jesus join the huge evangelical congregation singing hallelujahs to God in a brightly lit, state of the art auditorium, or a mass in the dingy chapel in the backwoods celebrated by a priest with a past? Something to think about. Maybe that is why God is not around physically, so He can be in every aching heart longing for His presence. 


We are all imperfect sinners in need of a Saviour, whether we know it or not. Perhaps more people are aware of it these days. In our Community Conference yesterday, one of our leaders said that hardships are a doorway to meet God. I believe more people today are calling on God than at any time in our near history. This worldwide pandemic is God forcing His way into our complacency, the myth of our self-sufficiency. He is asking us to confront ourselves, to ask ourselves, “What is it you really need?” I was listening to an interview on TV, and this well known director, singer and actor said, “I found out I need very little. Just the basic necessities of life. Since I don’t have work, I started using my hands, making things.” 


I’m taking this time to ask God what He wants to teach me. Jesus said, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.” All of us are sick in some way. We all need Christ. In the end, we will find out, we need very little, and the most important is, we need our Saviour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy