Friday, November 13, 2020

One Day at a Time

“Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses it will save it.” Luke 17:33




Perhaps if we train ourself to “lose our life” a little bit at a time it will not be so painful. My sister and her husband have two kids staying with them at this time. They are the children of the caregiver of my brother-in-law’s mother. My sister tutors the 8 year old girl with her lessons, and my brother-in-law tutors the 6 year old boy. It is not at all easy. Because of the pandemic, their teachers just send worksheets by email and these kids are supposed to answer them without any help from the teacher! So in effect my sister and her husband are the teachers! It can be frustrating especially since the worksheets from the Department of Education are sometimes wrong! I can imagine the thousands and thousands of parents tutoring their children. Are they patient? Are they persevering? Are they loving? Are they “losing their life” a little at a time for their children? 


Each one of us has our own frustrations and challenges to deal with. If we are able to offer these to God as a sacrifice of praise, a little at a time, we will be able to save our life and not lose it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy