Saturday, May 08, 2021

Holy Spirit Come

“...the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them." 

Acts 16:6




It must have been exciting to have known Paul, Silas, Timothy and the other disciples. They were just so full of enthusiasm and fire to go out and preach. They wanted to go every where! But sometimes the Holy Spirit would stop them. In the 16th chapter of Acts, in both verses 6 and 7, the Holy Spirit did not let them go to Turkey at that time.

Jesus promised in John 14:16 that the Father would send the disciples the Holy Spirit who would NEVER leave them. "He lives with you now and later will be IN you." (v.17) Jesus had to go so we could have His Spirit IN us. When Jesus was on earth, even if we followed Him everywhere, we would have to wait our turn to talk to Him. Now, even if I'm working in my craft room, I can talk to the Spirit and ask Him to guide me.


In 1 Thessalonians 5:17, we read that Paul advises us to pray unceasingly. Prayer is a two way street. We should talk to God but we also need to listen to Him. We need the promised gift of the Spirit. As Jesus said in John 14:26, "He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you."


Kerry Davidson, together with her husband Joey, and two of her children, have been serving God in a marketplace ministry in Liberia since 2007. They run a coconut farm and eco-tourism company where they make disciples through employment in local villages where there are limited opportunities for livelihood. In Liberia, most of the daily work is done outside of the home. As Kerry and her family sat on their front porch they could see their neighbors washing dishes, doing their laundry, and cooking. They also watched while neighbors frequently shouted at each other, and sometimes would bring in the police to mediate in their violent squabbles. 


Kerry started praying for her neighbors one by one, that the peace of Christ would touch them. She says the Holy Spirit “moved into our community and we have not witnessed a fight since I started praying. There is no other explanation but God moving among us and bringing His peace.”


Yes Lord, pour upon me and my family the gift of Your Spirit! I pray that our lives will show evidence of Your Spirit in us! 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this blogpost. It was a piece of Gods Word for me today. I have to read the Acts of the apostels for myself.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy