Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Year Artivity


For the holidays, my family went to the beach. Apart from the usual things you do on the beach like swimming, sailing, kayaking, walking in the sand and taking pictures- we had another family art activity. We made 5 1/2" square cards using paint, wall putty (instead of gesso), paper, glue, scissors, pens, etc. My sister and my mom used sand on their work! It turned out interesting to say the least!








We shouldn't be afraid to try something different or new. You'll never know where it leads. Like when I started my creative faith journal and it led to a workshop. Or when my sister asked if I wanted to make a piece for an exhibit on a Chapter of the Gospel of John. I had never worked on a big canvas before but I said, "Yes!"- I learned a lot from making that collage, I also learned what not to do! Now our family is embarking on a new family project- a book! We'll see how that comes out. I guess that's how we grow- setting out in our little boat across uncharted waters.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy...I am so glad you visited me! I have enjoyed looking at your beautiful art and I like the fact thay you use recycled materials. These two pictures are so beautiful...
    Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops .... THAT not thay!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy