Monday, January 26, 2009

Nothing is Impossible with God


This is a mixed media collage I did for an art auction to benefit patients suffering from kidney disease.

This has been years in the making- sometimes you don't like what you're doing and you leave it. That's what happened to this canvas. I sewed on some dark green cloth for hair and I didn't like the face. So I left it languishing and dusty on a shelf.
But this year I came back to it, covered up the face, pasted different colored paper around to frame it, and attached my favorite flourishes on the hair or the bandeau.

With art, you're not supposed to give up! God doesn't give up on us! Even if all we can see is the ugliness of sin, God sees what we can become! Truly nothing is impossible with God!

1 comment:

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy