Thursday, August 25, 2016

End of the World?


"The Son of Man is coming at the time you least expect." Matthew 24:44

Yesterday I was curious about what my father was so concentrated on and when I asked him, he showed me this website which had so many pictures of oil spills, garbage in Manila and India, smog in China, a multitude of fish dead in the sea and a polar bear teetering on what was left of his ice perch. The title was sort of, "How We Know the End of the World is Coming". 

An inordinate percentage of people believe Jesus is coming soon. 41% of Americans say Jesus will return within the next 40 years. What's ironic is even if they believe, they do not prepare or make themselves ready for the eventuality. Jesus Himself compared this to a master off on a trip. His servants know he is coming back but they do not know when. Some are faithful, far-sighted and diligent. When the master arrives, they are at work and ready to take care of whatever he needs. Others however take the opportunity to go out, become drunk with worthless friends. "Stay awake!" Jesus tells His disciples. This is insider information! "You must be prepared!" 
 
Lord, I know I must be prepared to meet You at any time today, tomorrow or the next day. Help me to be more zealous about obeying You, and loving You and my neighbor! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this! The message and the painting. Both are God-breathed. Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy