Wednesday, October 12, 2016

WOYWW: The Fruit of the Spirit

I have been quite delinquent 
with my planner.
Here I am adding stuff to 
blank pages.

It's fun but quite time consuming!
I haven't even finished
with September yet! 
 
"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patient endurance, kindness, generosity, faith, self-control and chastity." Galatians 5:22
 
Sometimes I am not a nice person. I can be irritable on the phone especially with someone selling me something in this very perky voice as if I have all the time in the world to listen. I can flare up with my sister or my niece or an employee at work. Self-control, that's what I need. And love, a lot of it. Self-control and love are like bookends for the fruits of the Spirit. Without both, we can't be patient and kind and generous and peaceful... 


 
God gives us these fruit in seed form. They need to grow in us and we need to be connected to Him in order for it to grow. God puts us in situations every day so that He can develop our character into the character of Jesus. It's going to take a long time before I become really patient and loving and joyful all the time without fail, but guess what? God is our gardener and He is very patient! He will prune us and take care of us and love us into the image of His Son. I won't give up on me because I know God won't! He is committed to finish what He started in me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy