Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WOYWW: Go Out!

My planner. 
There's a big fish on the page, because 
my dad was planning to go fishing, 
but he fell and we couldn't go. 

Here's another spread. 
I like making these flatlays
to put on my Instagram account.

"Go out now...and preach...all about this new life." Acts 5:20


The high priest and the Sadducees were blazing mad and violently jealous. The apostles were performing signs and wonders, and crowds were following them. Sick people were brought out into the streets on beds and mats so that Peter's shadow might fall across some of them. That was how crazy it was getting! So the apostles got arrested and put in jail! Then an angel came and freed them, giving them instructions to continue preaching!

God continues to give freedom to prisoners in jail. I know some of them from QC Jail. They get incarcerated and meet Jesus, and even if they're in prison, they are freer than some of the people outside of jail. 

Earl Smith has been chaplain in San Quentin, California's oldest and toughest prison, for more than 20 years. He says that these men in jail, they were incarcerated way before they got in jail. Incarcerated by drugs, sex, crime, SIN. Just as he was. One day he was shot and the doctor said he wasn't going to make it. His father prayed fervently, and Earl heard a voice saying, "You’re not going to die. I have something for you to do. You’re going to be a chaplain in the San Quentin prison." His father proclaimed, "You're a rebel, but you're God's rebel. God's going to use you for something." After studying for ministry, Earl did become chaplain of San Quentin, as well as some SF sports teams. 

Lord, You are the only one who can free us and keep us free. Help us to realize that You have the best plan for us. Keep us in Your love!



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  

10 comments:

  1. Hope your dad has recovered from his fall and that he eventually manages to go fishing. Love the journal layouts. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages, they are so full of detail. I hope your Dad was not too badly hurt from his fall.
    Hugs Lisax #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe God is working a lot in my life at the moment. I seem to have been in the dark but the light is at last shining. BJ#23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor Dad, I hope he's over the shock and looking forward to going fishing soon. Of course, now I know what they are (!) I love the flat lays too. Am hugely impressed by your motivation to do and keep up with the planner. It looks wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not sure what flatlays are (flat layouts maybe?) but I like your planner pages, they are so much fun, thx for your visit, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that your Dad is feeling better.
    Lovely Testament about SQ, thanks for sharing.
    Take care
    Christine #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your planner pages! Hope your Dad is better soon and can go on the fishing trip. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your planner pages are great, but I love that Bible Art Journal page! It is fantastic. I do hope your Dad recovers quickly! Have a great week! #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layouts and photographed so wonderfully too :) I do hope your dad has recovered from his fall and it wasn't too serious?
    Your words resonated... I have been agoraphobic for so many years now - a prison of my own making... but crafting makes me feel free inside :)

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday
    Bubbles #32
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/woyww-412.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your journal pages. Hope you dad is feeling better soon. Have a great belated woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy