Saturday, April 28, 2018

Anything!

“If you ask anything of Me in my name, I will do it.” John 14:14



Once I visited my dad, and I don’t know why, but I started scrounging in his shelves and cabinets in the dining room. I found so many expired bottles of different kinds of sauces and condiments. Really old! Then I did it in our refrigerator in the office and I threw away several bottles there as well. I regularly find expired medicine in my cabinet too. 

The awesome thing about God’s promises is there is no expiration date! None whatsoever! It’s usually us that gets tired of waiting, of hoping, of planting seeds of faith. John 14:14 is one of those difficult promises. It has the word anything in it. Anything? Ask anything of Jesus in His name, and He will do it. What could Jesus have meant when He promised that to His disciples? 

We have to read the whole passage to realize that there’s a prerequisite. We have to KNOW Jesus. If we know Jesus, then we will know His father. Imagine if we want to ask the President to do something for us. We can’t even get into the gates, much less inside Malacañang. But if we know the President’s son or daughter, I am absolutely certain we can get him to grant us favors unreachable to the ordinary citizen. 

We have to ask in Jesus’ name, but we can’t ask if we don’t have a relationship with Him. Thank You Jesus that there is no expiration date to Your promises and there is nothing impossible when we are Your friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy