Monday, April 23, 2018

In Our Image

“The sheep follow Him because they recognize His voice.” John 10:4



Jesus is the good shepherd. He has only our good in mind. Do we recognize His voice, or do we insist on making Jesus in our own image? Surprisingly many do make their own God to fit how they want to live. Sometimes I watch reality TV shows and it amazes me that many of the celebrities on it talk about praying to God but live lives so totally alien to what Jesus, the good shepherd teaches. 

But how about me? Instead of judging other people, I have to open my eyes to see where I listen to my own voice instead of God’s. In today’s first reading, Acts 11:1-18, Peter had to make a 180 degree turn in his way of thinking when he received a vision from God. He realized that God was granting life-giving repentance not only to the Jews but to the Gentiles as well. Jesus is the good shepherd to all people, from tribes in the hinterland to sophisticated heathens who do not find any need for God in their busy lives. He wants to call us all. If we recognize His voice, we will realize that we have a part to play in bringing His “other sheep” into His fold. 

Jesus, help me to recognize Your voice. Teach me to love others as You love, to serve as You serve, and to be a light in the darkness of this world. Only in that way can I point others in Your direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy