Thursday, May 10, 2018

What Can He Mean???

“What can he mean...” John 16:17




I am certain this was not the first time the disciples were puzzled with Jesus’ words, and Jesus knew it. He tried to explain it to them but they could not fully understand. This is the same with us, but we have to keep trying.


I remember when it was so difficult for me to pray even for five minutes, when reading one chapter of the Bible was torture. When I read Bible verses, I would read with skepticism and a sense of duty. Then I went through a Life in the Spirit seminar, several actually, and brothers and sisters prayed over me. It seemed as if nothing happened, but after that, I could not stop reading the Bible. Bible verses would become “rhema”, and almost jump out of the page. I had to put a yellow pencil to underline most of the verses!  


There are many things in the Bible that may be too inscrutable for us to understand. I believe we should not expect God’s Word to be easy to comprehend. After all, His thoughts and ways are far above ours. But He is sooo good and generous, we will be able to understand if we are diligent and faithful in reading His Word and praying. I remember what a joy it was to teach Josh, my son, to read. It was so exciting when he would “get it”! The same is true in our relation with our Father in heaven. He wants us to get to know Him and His thoughts. It may not be easy, but if we apply ourselves, like little kids learning to read, the joy will be immeasurable for our Father and ourselves as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy