Wednesday, May 16, 2018

WOYWW: God’s Gracious Word

I am starting a new project. Maybe this will be a monster, or maybe a cute cat, or even a kid with pigtails! Whatever it is, I need to paint it white first and it’s hard to tell where you’ve missed a spot!!!



“I commend you now to the Lord, and to that gracious Word of His which can enlarge you...” Acts 20:32





Another version reads: “And now I entrust You to God and to the Word of His grace- His message that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those He has set apart for Himself.” Saint Luke in this chapter of Acts recounts the last words of Saint Paul to them at Miletus. He was fully prepared for what awaited him in Jerusalem. “The Holy Spirit has told me in city after city that jail and suffering lie ahead. But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for the work assigned me by the Lord- the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.” 


Yes, God’s gracious Word is really the best news any human being can be in possession of. This wonderful message can give us the only inheritance worth waiting for. I confess it was very hard for me to read the Bible at the start. It was tedious going, boring even. I would start reading with the intention of reading the Bible every day, but I would stop because of passages I disagreed with, could not understand or because I was just plain lazy. Then I would start again, stop and start again. Whatever we feed will grow. Whatever we starve will die.  


Perhaps we read and pray out of a sense of duty or obedience at first. But then we gain an interest, and then a love for it. God partners with us in our journey. We do not go through it alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy