Wednesday, September 04, 2019

WOYWW: Peace in the Trenches

Did not have much time to do any painting so I just tore up a picture in a magazine, and glued it on my journal. After tearing up some more bits of paper, and writing the Bible verse, I altered the photo with the Prisma app. Easy peasy.



“I...trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.” Psalm 52:10



We can always find safety and peace in God. It is said as long as there are math exams, there will always be prayer in schools. It is also said there are no atheists in the trenches of war. 

Billy Kim, the Korean evangelist, tells the story of one soldier in the Korean War who was ordered by his commander to rescue his fallen mates as the firepower rained down. Three times the command was repeated but the soldier just kept looking at his watch each time and kept ducking the orders. After looking at his watch a final time, he jumped out of the trench to obey. The next day he was asked to explain his actions. “I hate to say this but I’m not right with God. I was terrified about what might happen, but my mother told me what hour she would be praying for me each day. I was waiting for the hour to strike. I knew I would be covered by my mother’s prayer and be protected by my Lord.” 

Are we right with God? Do we have to wait till somebody prays for us to feel safe? Let us trust in God’s mercy, repent, believe and obey. 

5 comments:

  1. Great pages . Happy woyww . Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever stuff with the app Patsy, I wouldn’t think to do something like that, especially when pushed for time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the page and the words accompanying it. It is so easy to not be right with God. I have been reading Corrie Ten Boom's 'The Hiding Place' and was struck by how faith filled both she and her sister were, but with hearts in very different places. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#12)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great page Patsy and a good way of creating when you're pushed for time. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the late visit, Great page Happy belater WOYWDW

    Lilian B # 8

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy