Saturday, March 28, 2020

In You I Hope

“O Lord, my God, in You I have hoped; save me from all those who persecute me and save me.” Psalm 7:2




Who can we turn to during perilous times like these when life seems so fragile and every day one does not know what to expect? Do we turn to men? Can we expect the government to save us? Science? With all the brilliant men and women racing to find a cure, a vaccine, to put an end to this scourge, it still rages on day after day. The most powerful countries in the world have not been able to save their people. 


There is One who is more powerful than death. If we know Him as a friend, we will not be afraid. I have only to remember the days before my open heart surgery last December. I was totally 100% at peace. The night before the operation I was sound asleep and I woke up refreshed. Who can do that but God? Grace surrounded me as surely as a comfortable cloak shielded me from cold. Of course I was also bombarded by so many prayers from family, friends and even strangers. 


I will forever be grateful for my brother-in-law praying for me during my operation. He saw me surrounded by mighty angels while I was on the operating table. That’s why we need to pray for each other at this time. It is a sure weapon against our invisible enemy. Let us pray that God will send His powerful angels to protect us and to especially surround those who are sick. 


Let us not succumb to fear and anxiety which is said to lower our immune system. Every time we are fearful, let us turn to the Lord who is the giver of hope and every good and perfect gift. He is especially near to us when we are afraid or broken hearted or uncertain. If we turn our minds and hearts to Him He can give us the strength we need for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy