Thursday, June 18, 2020

More than Wonderful

“This is how you are to pray: ‘Our Father who art in heaven...” Matthew 6:9




This beautiful prayer that Jesus taught starts with showing us we have a relationship with His Father. He shares His Father with us. We are His sisters and brothers. One of the things the devil, our enemy who is like a prowling lion waiting to devour us (1 Peter 5:8), wants to do is to keep us from knowing this fundamental truth. That we are loved by Our Father, that we have intrinsic worth, that nothing can separate us from His love. It is so easy for our ancient adversary to do this because most of the time we are so insecure that we think Our Father loves us for what we can do for Him, how much we pray and do good deeds, how good we are. Nothing can be farther from the truth! 


I love the song of Sandi Patty, “He’s More Wonderful”. Here are the lyrics. Try to listen to it here: https://youtu.be/2E5TgMPCmDA and let the meaning sink in. 



“He promised us that He would be a counselor

A Mighty God and the Prince of Peace

He promised us that He would be a Father

And that He would love us with a love that would not cease.

Well, I tried Him and I found His promises are true

He's everything He said that He would be.

The finest words I know could not BEGIN to tell

Just what Jesus really means to me.

For He's more wonderful than my mind can concieve

He's more wonderful than my heart can believe

He goes beyond my highest hopes and fondest dreams.

He's everything that my soul ever longed for

Everything He's promised and so much more

More than amazing, more than marvelous

More than miraculous could ever be

He's more than wonderful, that's what Jesus is to me.

I stand amazed when I think that the King of glory

Should come to dwell within the heart of man

I marvel just to know He really loves me

When I think of who He is, and who I am.”


It is so important for us to know the goodness of Our Father, of Jesus Our Brother, who wraps us in a bond of everlasting love with the Holy Spirit. We can be confident that God has our good in mind and and our future in His hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy