Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Our Eyes on the Lord

“As the eyes of a maid ​are on the hands of her mistress, So are our eyes on the Lord, our God, ​till he have pity on us.” Psalm 123:2




God is moving, and if we are to be unbeaten, undefeated by the unfolding circumstances in the world, we have to keep our eyes on Him, just like a maid keeps her eyes on the hands of her mistress. I have a helper in my house named Lucy. She has been with me for about twenty-five years. She anticipates what I need. If I move towards the electric fan, she is there before me to turn it on. At ten o’clock, she appears with merienda. Without me having to instruct her, she takes care of me and makes sure I am comfortable. I appreciate her so much! 


The picture of a maid and her mistress in Psalm 123, shows us how we are to be discerning of God’s will and pleasure. As servants of God we are fully reliant on Him. During these times of trouble and uncertainty, we should fix our gaze on Him so we can find our peace and stability. Only He can get us through this. Not our intelligence, our wealth, our power, our fame, our resources if we have them. Last year could we ever have conceived of a worldwide pandemic that could overturn the whole world? The world is broken, bleeding, and is in need of more than bandages and soothing words. We need a Savior, and we need Him now. The first day Jesus began His ministry, He started out by reading from the Book of Isaiah “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.” (Is. 61:1) 


What good news was Jesus talking about back then? Is it anything to do with us? It has everything to do with us! He was talking about His mission, why He came to earth, to free us, to free our hearts, to free us from the shackles of our enemy! He came to ransom us and save us, and turn our devastated lives into victorious, praise- filled lives. All we have to do is focus our eyes on Him, not to attend to all the messed-up cacophony happening in the world. He will get us through all the noise. That is what He promised, and He is a promise-keeping God! “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57)



1 comment:

  1. MY TESTIMONY ON HOW MY HUSBAND WAS RESTORE BACK TO ME AFTER BEING UNDER A SPELL FOR SOME MONTHS,BUT DR OKOSUN A GREAT SPELL CASTER WAS A ABLE TO RESTORE HIM BACK TO ME.


    I want to thank Dr okosun a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend cameto my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr okosun and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: (drokosun12@gmial.com),or via WhatsApp (+2348136785662

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy