Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Salt of the Earth

"You are the salt of the earth...." Matthew 5:13



During the times of Jesus, they had no refrigerators nor freezers. Food like fish and meat would not keep for long unless they dried it or salted it. Today most salt is cheap and we can easily find it. But in ancient times, it was used as a currency, and people carried salt cakes around to barter with or buy something with. Roman soldiers were at some point paid in salt, and that's why we have the idiom, "worth his weight in salt". Taxes on salt have even inspired revolutions! And according to a salt company, the compound has more than 14,000 uses! 

When Jesus told the crowd, "You are the salt of the earth," He probably meant a lot of things. We are of immense value in the world. We add flavor to the world in the use of our gifts and spreading the gospel. The world is corrupt and headed for destruction, and in need of preserving. That is the value of the Church in the world. Many today do not see the need for the Church. They think of the church as a building where people go to have religious services. But the Church is the people, the believers of Christ. We have a role to play to preserve what is of value in the world. 

2 Chronicles 7:14 emphasizes how important it is for us, the people of God to be salt and light in the world: “If MY PEOPLE, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways: then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 

Yes, Lord, today more than ever, help us to be the salt of the earth!  Help us to humble ourselves, pray, seek Your face, and repent! Forgive us O Lord of our iniquities, and hear our prayers! 


1 comment:

  1. MY TESTIMONY ON HOW MY HUSBAND WAS RESTORE BACK TO ME AFTER BEING UNDER A SPELL FOR SOME MONTHS,BUT DR OKOSUN A GREAT SPELL CASTER WAS A ABLE TO RESTORE HIM BACK TO ME.


    I want to thank Dr okosun a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend cameto my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr okosun and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: (drokosun12@gmial.com),or via WhatsApp (+2348136785662

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy