Friday, June 02, 2023

Bloom and Bear Fruit

“Never again shall anyone eat of your fruit." Mark 11:14




Here, Jesus cursed the fig tree that had no fruit! I would not want to be that fig tree!


Every morning I wake up early, read the Bible, and try to squeeze out what I can from the Word of God. Most of the time, my mind is as blank as the pages I draw on. But the more I meditate, the more I dig, the more I listen to preaching, I get surprised at the treasure I find in the Word of God! Recently I have been listening to a lot of conversion stories to Catholicism. Being a cradle Catholic, I appreciate how hard it was for these men and women to convert to Catholicism, but they just had to. As Scott Hahn said, “…delaying obedience for me was becoming almost like disobedience.” 


When we read the Word of God, and stop to savor it, it will work in us and through us. Even if we think and feel we are not growing, we are! Then there are also the writings of the Church Fathers who knew the apostles, and the ways of the Christian Church. The Church Fathers dissected the Word of God and made it alive for the people of the “new way”. 


The Word will not return to God without any effect on us. We will bloom and bear fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy