Saturday, December 02, 2023

Come Lord Jesus!

“Be vigilant at all times and pray that you may have the strength to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36




It surely seems as if Jesus is coming in judgment already. There is so much evil and confusion in the world around us. It can get worse, I am afraid. The ceasefire in Gaza ended because Hamas violated its commitments and the intensity of the bombings in Gaza is unprecedented RIGHT NOW! 


I can understand how many people are conflicted about this war. It  is certainly very disturbing and heart wrenching. We have to remember however who started this war with full knowledge of what will happen. And as Hamas has said it will repeat what they did on Oct. 7 again and again until the Jews are annihilated, it does not seem like Israel has much choice but to defend itself. It is very hard to be peaceful when on the other side of the world, there is conflict not only in Israel and Gaza, but also in Ukraine, Somalia, Ethiopia, etc. There are 32 countries currently at war! I do not know the answers and most of the time, I don’t even know the questions. 


In 2019, when I was not at peace for a completely different reason, I sensed God telling me: “Keep calm and pray. A multitude prays with you. If you are vigilant, and pray and weep for Israel, so should you pray, and weep and be vigilant for my Bride. She is like a harlot, but I do not abandon her. Do not abandon her. It is not yet time. There is still time for repentance and time for turning back to me. Time for you and time for the multitude. But do not tarry. Be vigilant. Carry your lamps. I am coming.”


I think it is a good message for the end of the Church’ liturgical year. Tomorrow is the start of Advent, a time of preparation for Jesus’ coming, a time of hope, a time of renewal. Yes, the Lord is coming! Maranatha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy