Friday, December 22, 2023

Do What It Takes


“I am giving him to the Lord..." 1 Samuel 1:28





The story of Hannah is surely a very heart wrenching story and finds echoes in many women who dearly want a child and have been waiting for years to have one. Today there are all sorts of medical procedures and fertility treatments not available in Hannah's day. She instead went to the giver of life and prayed, "If you look down upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime..."  


How many of us parents are willing to pray this prayer? But the truth of the matter is our children are not our own. Children are precious gifts from God, and He puts them in our care. I have only one son, Josh, and he is 28 years old now. When I was younger, I used to have many theories and ideas about raising kids, because I read a lot, and listened to parents and asked questions. But when your child is grown up, you realize how many mistakes you made, and you just have to trust God that He will continue to be faithful to your children the same way He has been faithful to you!!! I know of a mother who prays, "Lord, do what it takes to bring my son and daughter to become the man and woman after your own heart." Yes Lord, my son is yours, do what it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy