Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Like a Little Child

And Jesus said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3




Jesus told the disciples that we have to become like little children or we will not be able to enter heaven. What are the qualities of a child that Jesus wants us to have? 

The heart of a child is bold, unscathed, joyful, appreciative, confident. Yes, confident. 

A child brought up in a loving home knows without doubt that he is loved! NOT only by his family, but also by God. 


When my son Josh was a toddler, I asked him, "Why are you so cute?" and he answered within a heartbeat, “Because I am Jesus' friend!" 


How pleasing it would be to our Father if we could say, “I am blessed because I am your friend! I will look for ways to bless others because I am your friend! I will look up to You for guidance, I am teachable, I am humble, I am kind and forgiving


because I AM YOUR FRIEND!”


Yes, a child's heart is simple, not skeptical, not ironic. 

Pure unadulterated joy and gratitude!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy