Monday, August 26, 2024

Sing to the Lord

Sing a new song to the Lord." Psalm 96:1




We should always sing to God, fully and joyfully but we certainly shouldn’t limit ourselves to just using our voices. We can sing with our pen, just like King David did when he wrote the Psalms. And we needn’t always be joyful. We can sing and write of our pains, and laments to our Father. He can take it. But let us always, always conclude with thanksgiving. 


I like to list what I am grateful and thankful for every day. I also like to number it. I’m on number 12,000 plus. It’s not an exact number because there was a break in my counting when I reached 9,000 plus, and I started again from no.1 and I am on #3930 as of yesterday evening. 


We can also sing with our paintbrush which I always do. I find immense joy in using the beautiful range of colors that God has given us. I draw, paint, collage my prayers, my joys, my praise, God’s promises and beautiful reassurances. 


We can lift up our hearts when we sing with a musical instrument, or even when we dance, and I like to think we can sing with a broom while we clean the house, or with an egg whisk when we make bread. You get the idea. 


Whatever we do with our hearts lifted up to the Lord is a song of praise. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy