Friday, July 12, 2013

Paint Party Friday: Without Cost

I always like to paint scripture
because it is my way to put God's Word
in my heart and in my eyes.

"Do not worry .." .about how you are to speak,
how you are to act, when you are about my business.
Do not worry about provision
for I will take care of you.
It's easy to think that everything
depends on us,
and that can fill us with anxiety!

When Jesus sent off his apostles
and asked them to heal the sick, raise the dead,
cleanse lepers and drive out demons,
He also told them,
"Without cost you have RECEIVED,
without cost you are to GIVE."
Matthew 10:8

The Lord puts no price tag on our salvation, 
on the Word, on life everlasting, 
on forgiveness and His love for us which He gave freely! 
There are many gifts and talents we have-
He also gave this without cost.
Whatever we have, let us share with others.

"As a MOTHER comforts her son,
so will I comfort you."
Isaiah 66:13

We also receive comfort and consolation from God
through His Spirit.
Is there someone you know who needs
comfort and consolation right now?
Maybe you can do something about it!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
31, Neet  of  Hickydorums!
She is one of the WOYWW regulars
and has a new and interesting blog,
Flat Susan, an amusing travelogue 
of who else but Flat Susan!



Thank you for dropping by!
You are appreciated!
Patsy



23 comments:

  1. I love every single one of these paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone of these is sweet, Patsy. You captured such a relieved, calm look in the "Do Not Worry" painting. And the baby is so cute..plus I love that Scripture verse.

    That's for sharing your talents on TGIF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Oh, that scripture- "As a mother comforts her son"- and it makes me wonder how does a mother comfort the boys of mine who are grown up - when they won't allow it - and then I understand God's heart toward us more when I won't allow His comfort! Your God-Art went straight to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like their sweet faces! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, thoughtful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art pages, terrific take on the written word. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful paintings and words, I love Isaiah 66:13

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are each one beautiful. Painting or hand lettering Scripture is very helpful for remembering it. I love the colors and depth you have used on their skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thankful God freely gives, without cost. As always, love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful - I love that this is how you're using your gifts :) I can't wait to check out more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each week I look forward to reading your scripture and seeing how you have illustrated it. The ones today are so gorgeous. I especially like the without cost.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:20 AM

    Patsy,
    I just stopped by to thank you for joining our Faithful Fridays blog hop today. I must say your paintings are absolutely great! Your art is wonderful!
    Visit again soon!
    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your artwork is lovely. I am sure it is a blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful heartfelt reminder of what is sacred. Thank you. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so often find that scripture fits my painting after I have started it - love all the paintings. Last week my entry was concerned with worry and anxiety also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Repeatedly lovely. So appreciative that you share your gifts with others.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so talented and so inspirational, Patsy. I admire your everyday immersion in your faith. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an abundance of beauty ♥♥♥ Thank you so much for participate on Mix It Monthly

    xox
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patsy,
    Inspirational and so beautiful.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful paper crafts with us today at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing your diverse gifts and talents.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful! Each and every one touched my heart. You have an amazing talent!
    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a big worrier, so I appreciate your reminder in the first piece about how the Lord will take care of us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful inspiring pieces!

    http://www.cmlk79.blogspot.ca/2013/07/sunday-sketches-summer-of-color-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, this is so perfect! I've been struggling with my horrible depression, as I quit my medicine when I shouldn't have--and tho it doesn't fix anything, seeing your "don't worry" was just what I needed right now! Thank you!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy