Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WOYWW: You are My Treasure

My working space is getting smaller and smaller!
On the right you see a pile of 
Vitamin syrup boxes
that I was working on for a livelihood project.

Here is the finished product.
So easy to do!
My sister Peggy's idea really,
which I documented on our 


Clearing up my desk a bit,
I was able to make space 
for my daily painting of scripture.


I was reading Matthew 13:44-46,
about how the Kingdom of Heaven 
is like a treasure buried in a field,
or a pearl of great price.


In the Word Among Us, I read,
"Would you ever sell everything you own
to buy the calcified secretion of
an irritated mollusk?"
That really is what a pearl is!


But we follow Jesus for who He is,
not for what He looks like!


He is our treasure,
and if we spend our whole lifetime
getting to know Him,
we will always find something to
captivate us!


But like the man who sold
 everything he owned to 
buy the pearl of great price,
Jesus gave His very life to ransom us.
(Matthew 13:44-46)

How good it is to know that
WE are His treasure too!
The apple of His eye!


Why else would He have been 
willing to sacrifice His life for us?


Yes, from the time of Moses
up to the present time,
we are a people filled
with doubt, insecurity, weakness,
sin, pride, etc.,
and yet God receives us as His own!


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
random generator chose
#12, Jennifer of Studio JRU.
She makes wonderful scripture art!



17 comments:

  1. You certainly are a delight to follow!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing all the steps you do in your painting and the soft greens in the bg look marvelous hugs Nikki I'm posted Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posting. Thanks for the inspiration. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawings are just beautiful. Every week I'm inspired by your art. Those boxes are really cute as well. Have a great week. (((HUGS)))
    Kimmie
    http://happyhomeschoolroom.blogspot.com/2013/07/woyww-217.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are a treasure. I love the idea for the little boxes. And that you've used print to cover them, they look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear PatsyPat
    I think that Jesus might have meant all the pearls we collected over the years thinking them to be the one and true ones like religion, good works, doctrines, moral and ethic rules and so on and so forth. We have to choose which one we want, Jesus or all these sub-quality pearls. We cannot have both, for law and grace don't walk hand-in-hand. Patsy, your art brings so much glory to our Pappa and lots of joy to His heart. I am sure there is one or two hanging in heaven.
    Lots of love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects as always.
    Sandra @69

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peggy, I love the idea of using those boxes and the flower on the top of it is exquisite.
    I love your ATC's, it is so important that people know that they are loved by a wonderful God, thank you for reminding me of that this morning.
    Bleesing and happy Wowyww
    Chris #83

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say Patsy? Our God is amazing, isn't He? Thanks for sharing His word the way you do. It always blesses me when I visit your site every Wednesday. Thanks to my wife (glitterandglue) for introducing me to Julia's Stamping Ground and WOYWW, I can visit lots of talented crafters. Kind regards and His Blessings, john-w #23.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, sitting in the next room to my hubby, come on to your site, and discover I am going to be next to him on the comments too!!
    Glad you are Father's treasure - what a joy it is to meet up with so many folk who belong to Jesus. Great pictures this week.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. back again. Happy crafting #125

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving reading and seeing your beautiful posts and artwork each week. Happy WOYWW! Danie #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the whimsical colors and the message!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art is always such a blessing, Patsy. Thank you so much for stopping by each week to share with us. You are a bright blessing in my life.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those boxes look really divine and your pictures are just out of this world
    Bridget #63

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pretty boxes! What a great upcycling project. Also, your treasure art was a particular encouragement to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the boxes...what a neat idea! And I've fallen in love with your Scripture painting. Trying hard to get my "area" cleaned out and organized so that I can try a bit myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy