Monday, July 01, 2013

Made to be Holy

I've been busy this weekend-
happily making backgrounds.
I love the feel of paint on my fingers
and my son caught me with paint on my face!

I love to think of God, our Father,
as the Master Artist,
creating His masterpieces- YOU and ME!
He shows us the path to LIGHT,
how to become PERFECT!

There certainly are challenges along the way-
pain is inevitable!
But there is JOY at the end of the road!

He wants to make us like Him-
holy, perfect, at peace.
I know I used to be afraid of the word HOLY-
saintly, perfect, what?????
But Holiness is being set apart
for the One who made us for Himself.
It is our NATURAL state of being.

I need only to think of Saint Peter who
denied Christ three times,
and St. Paul who persecuted the Christians
until they were filled with the Holy Spirit
and used their particular gifts, talents
and strengths, and used it up for God.

I too can give God my gifts, talents and strength.
I can give Him my weaknesses too!
He can use ANYTHING we give Him!
Beauty for ashes!
We have got a whole ocean of mercy to wade in
and be cleansed and made holy!




Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
#21, Julie Ann Lee.
I am still confused with google+
and have no idea how to 
find Julie Ann Lee's blog.
Her name above is linked 
to her google+ profile.
If anybody knows how to find
her blog, please teach me :^)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Patsy. I have emailed you, so you've found me! Have a lovely creative week! Julie Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy, your artwork is really beautiful, thank you for sharing it with the world! Found you through lowercase letters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply ADORE your work, your words ... such beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going through a tough time right now, and I want you to know that your posts are always like balm for my spirit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be at Your Right Hand forever, for me would be happiness always. Guess what I'm singing?
    Another beautiful offering with God's Word front and centre.
    We appreciate your participation in our weekly AG challenge. Thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us at WAW.
    Psalm 23 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything beautiful! And more than the beautiful message and artwork, I feel blessed reading these heavenly words.

    May you be forever blessed Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at holiness as our natural state. It is truly how God created us to be...holy as He is holy! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen...He can truly use anything we give Him! Great reminder to live open handed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to wear pajamas to a party. Your art so beautifully illustrates Scripture.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy