Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Come to Me!

"Come to me, all you are weary and find life burdensome, 
and I will refresh you. 
Take my yoke upon your shoulders and learn from me. 
Your souls will find rest." 
Matthew 11:28-30


This is a welcome passage this morning. I look at my December calendar and it is far from restful. I've attended two parties already, a mountain of gifts to wrap waiting in our family room, a Board Meeting today, a workshop to lead, a community gathering, a musical to watch, a family party to attend, all within this week. My sister and I bought 300 bags of groceries for QC Jail inmates yesterday, and plan to do the same for the gift giving of the Vice-President. That is on top of all the usual work at the office, AND I have a sore throat and a frog of a cough starting! 

If my body can't get rest, my soul certainly demands it. That's why I absolutely need to start my day with setting aside time with the Lord. Most people don't know it, but time with God is as essential as sleep, and food. That's how we plug in to the eternal, to our very life force. In Proverbs 4:20-22 says, "My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh." 

Lord, at this time, may I make more of an effort to turn to You. May I make a space in the inn of my heart for Your coming. May I turn off the hustle and bustle and busyness of the world, and spend time contemplating the beauty of Your presence. That is how I will find my rest. More of You, Lord, that is what I need! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy