Monday, December 12, 2016

Who am I?

"But who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" Luke 1:43

 
After Mary's encounter with angel Gabriel, she set out in haste to the hill country to visit her cousin Elizabeth. What could Mary have been thinking? 
Was she sure of her welcome? If she was remotely like me, her thoughts would be like a wild dog that needed reining in right away or they would lead who knows where! 

But when Mary arrived in Elizabeth's house, what greeted her but a confirmation: "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" Not incredulity, not skepticism, not ridicule, not a look of 'Is she crazy?'. But full, all out support. We need friends, brothers and sisters who will be there for us when we go out on the limb for God. Do we have people around us who love us, whom we can depend on? If something of great import happens, do we have someone to run to? More importantly, are we that person? A person who can discern what things come from God, and what things are clearly from the enemy? In times of great confusion, when the world seeks to make the wrong things right, when the popular mandate is against God's values, we need more than ever to stand with strong people. Men and women with conviction and faith who will fight with us, break bread with us, walk the pilgrim journey with us until we reach our real home. Yes Lord, surround me with Your people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy