Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Final Hour!

"...it is the final hour..." 1 John 2:18


The last day of the year is not what John the Apostle meant in this verse, but it is good to look back at our year nonetheless. Where did we grow and improve? In what ways do we need to learn and study so we do better? I decided to do a "dream board", or what some would call a goal keeper, goal chart, life map, vision board, etc. I placed it in my planner so I would get to see it every day. 

 
If we want to accomplish more in the coming year, it's best to make some goals. But we have to always consider what God wants us to do. Planning without God in mind is foolhardy.  As it says in one of my favorite verses, Psalm 127:1,
“Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.”
Let's not waste our time and sweat on goals and plans that we did not submit for God's approval first! After all, He knows us better than we know ourselves! 

I think of Bo Sanchez, who reads his life mission, his list of dreams, and his annual goals every single morning. 
When Bo was very young, he had a very detailed list of his goals and plans. He made a “Dream Board”.  He wanted to build a home for the poorest of the poor.  He imagined a large plot of land with many homes. He even saw a rice field, fishpond and coconut trees.

After several years, Anawim, a place specially for abandoned elderly people, is now a reality in Montalban, complete with the rice field, fishpond and coconut trees he envisioned. 

 
Lord, help me discover what are Your dreams and plans for me. You gave me so many gifts and talents, and I know You want me to use them all. May I work with You and see how You want me to bloom and grow in Your garden! 

1 comment:

  1. Patsy you are so well spoken and this post really calls to me. How God uses us to reach others always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy