Saturday, December 03, 2016

This is the Way!

"This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21


Wouldn't it be wonderful if some very wise person, who knew the future, who knew what was best for us, who knew what we were capable of, would take charge and say, "This is the way, this is what you should do"? But we would only be able to trust that person if we knew him, and we were certain he knew us, and that he loved us so much! 


There is one person we can trust, who knows us because He made us. Psalm 139:13 says that God created our inmost being and knit us together in our mother's womb. God also has the best in mind for our future. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11). But we should also know Him so we can trust Him. We have to have a relationship with Him, so we can hear His voice.

Just as someone I know who was discerning about his state of life. He was in the shower and he heard, "Only Meldy will make you happy." He is now married to my sister Meldy, and he is happy. Just as Dodong Cacanando heard God say in an audible voice while he was taking a morning run, "Leave!" in answer to his question if he should quit his job. Just as I heard when I was in front of the Blessed Sacrament, "I will give you Luigi as a husband if you are willing to be pruned." 

Yes, I do believe God is very willing to lead and guide us if we are willing to listen and be lead! 

13 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy