Wednesday, September 05, 2018

WOYWW: God’s Garden

I started with the painting below. 



Then I used the Prisma app to alter it. 


So fascinating!


I ended up with this one- 


“We are God’s garden.” 1 Corinthians 3:9

This is one of my favorite, favorite verses. I’ve illustrated it, I’ve given workshops, and meditated on it several times. But the main reason why I love it so much is because when I was on my last singles’ retreat, I was before the Blessed Sacrament, and God have me my first and only vision. 


I was in a beautiful garden, a wildly amazing, magnificent garden. And Jesus was with me. He said, “This is my garden. I am the gardener here. I take care of all of these plants. I prune each and every one of them. Come and I will show you a plant I do not prune.” He led me down the path to a dead, decaying tree. It was of course brown and shrivelled. “ I am sure you do not like to be like this plant.” 


You see ever since I was young, my prayer was, “Please treat me gently, Lord.” I did not want trials or challenges. I did not want hardship to enter my life, and God answered my prayer. It was as if Jesus was telling me that it could not go on. If I was to bloom the way He wanted, He would have to prune me. What a kind way of preparing me for the “pruning” of marriage! Not that Luigi, my husband, was the “pruning hook” he calls himself, but marriage was certainly not the easy, carefree life that I was used to! 


We are God’s garden. He takes care of each and every one of us in His garden. He knows exactly how much water, sun or shade, nurturing and pruning we need to make us bloom and grow. We just need to trust Him! 

13 comments:

  1. how clever! love the results Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variations - so clever!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire, no. 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Patsy. God bless you as you continue to allow Him to prune, water and fill you.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your use of that app turned your incredible painting into many wonderful and beautiful gardens. Happy WOYWW from # 5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous art work and I do love that vision that you were given from God. Pruning is so difficult and painful, but it is necessary for our growth. Thank you for the reminder. Thanks for sharing. Have a good week. Caro x (#27)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece of art and your post. Have a nice week. Dorlene #31

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! The original was beautiful, but I love what he Prisma app did too! I must download that! I use Artisto which gives neat effects as well. Have a great week! Lindart #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patsy, sone beautiful artwork. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely week Heather x #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great app. So many beautiful possibilities. Thanks for sharing Patsy. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Art work. I'm a bit late this week getting round due to family stuff. Happy belated woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful work of art, love it's colour transformation.
    Thank you for sharing WOYWW Tracey #6

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy